Tuesday, August 5, 2008

He Did It!


At 3:57 p.m. on July 16 I received a text message from Grammie (a.k.a Steve's mom, Karen) that Stephen had just rolled over from his tummy to his back. It was very exciting. I was a little sad that I hadn't been home to see it (I was at work), but Stephen gave a repeat performance that night when I got home. Later he rolled over so daddy could see. However, since then, he hasn't seemed that interested in doing much rolling. He's been plenty active in other ways.

He plays in his floor gym.


He also practices sitting up in his Bumbo.

Yesterday afternoon I put him on his tummy in his crib and he promptly rolled over to his back. I was so excited I flipped him back over to see if he would do it again. Sure enough, he rolled to his back. So I raced down stairs to get the camera. I put him on a blanket on the floor to get a better camera angle and placed him on this tummy. There I stood poised to get the worlds best "rolling over" picture. Stephen had other ideas. The little turkey wouldn't roll over for anything! (Believe me I begged and promised him all kinds of things.)

Today at work, Steve sent me this video with the title "He did it!" The video was taken with Steve's cell phone so it's not the best quality. Even so, it's great to have this event captured so we can share it with everyone.




I can't believe how such a little thing can make you feel so proud. You'd think he was the first child to ever master the art of rolling!

1 comment:

Mamma Meg said...

I can't believe we are moms. Too crazy to think about for long. He is so cute! Congrats!